1. Greek Tzatziki Sauce
A very appetizing, savory sauce that is almost always served with kebabs or souvlaki. It can also be served with baked potatoes, any meats and is surprisingly refreshing as a dip for vegetables!!
• Peel the cucumber and grate with a cheese grater, using the large blades.
• Put in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar. Toss and set aside to release its liquid.
• In the meantime, combine the yogurt, 1/3 of a garlic clove (minced), 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until combined.
• Mix until it is combined and creamy.
• Squeeze the cucumber with your hands to release any remaining liquid. Discard the liquid and add the cucumber to the yogurt mixture.
• Stir into mixture. Add pepper and adjust salt according to taste.
• Add some finely chopped dill and your sauce is ready.
• Refrigerate until needed.
• Serve it with some carrots, peppers, cucumber and Greek pita bread!
• 300 g Greek yogurt (strained yogurt)
• 1 cucumber
• 1/3 of a garlic clove, finely minced
• 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar for the cucumber
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• ¼ bunch dill, finely chopped
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 carrots chopped
• 2 peppers chopped
• 1 cucumber chopped
• Greek pita bread cut in 4 pieces
by Akis Petretzikis, great Greek chef.
@WeGuide.gr Tour : HERAKLION CITY – TASTING AND WALKING TOUR . Be a Local for a day. Be a Cretan for a day !!!